söndag 10 maj 2009

Violation

Nine-eleven 2001 was a day when almost the whole world stood still. Planes flying into buildings, people screaming and dying. I think that we who experienced that day, never will forget it. Now, our lives and personal rights are influenced by that day. The fear of terrorists are so extrem that authorities now have the rights to read our e-mails, listen to our phone calls etc. They can do this in order to look for terrorists. It is wrong that authorities can have so much control and knowledge about us.

First, because our personal integrity is being violated. It almost says in the law that what we say, writes and thinks are not personal , it is for the authirities to look through. Then they can give their opinion, if we are dangerous or not. If we can´t write and we can´t speak without being afraid that someone is listening, then we have no personal rights. We have no personal integrity.

Second, this fear of terrorists which makes the authorities violate our integrity, is not going to stop the terrorists. The terrorists are not disappearing because of this. The authorities can keep reading e-mails, listening to phone calls and take pictures by satellites, but they will not stop the terrorists. If I were a terrorist, I wouldn´t be so stupid that I wrote about it on the Internet or talked about it on the phone.

Some people say that it doesn´t matter if the authorities can read our mail or listen to phone calls. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear. I am not afraid, I have my opinion because of a principle. Personal integrity should be personal integrity. It shouldn´t be some Mao-inspired; Everyone have to think exactly like us, or else...

So, I think it is wrong that authorities can have so much control and knowledge about us. Since they are violating our personal integrity and since the terrorists are not going to disappear because of this law. We live in a democracy country, a democracy country where the democracy is failing more and more. Maybe even a country where democracy will cease to exist.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hi Anna,
    I’ve shudder when I read your blog about the 11th September. I agree with you that our security system has been more palpable since then.

    Your introduction is good with a clear statement. The first sentences in each paragraph have information about the next and it is easy to follow the rest. I’ve understand that we should argue against our own text in the third paragraph, so I think about there you’ve wrote your own opinion. I’m not sure but it’s a thought. Your have also wrote a clear conclusion, which is great.

    Nice reading/Mia

    SvaraRadera
  2. Anna!

    I really enjoyed reading your blog a lot and I totally agree with you when it comes to every persons right to integrity and privacy.

    You have an Introduction, three thoughts and a Conclusion which is good. Your text is devided into paragraphs and you have one thought in each paragraph as well.

    I could also see that you used linking devices in your text which made it much easier to read. Great!

    Everything follows a read tread and it was a well written text so I really have nothing to complain at.

    Keep up this good work!
    Best Wishes // Rebecca O Carlander

    SvaraRadera