fredag 17 april 2009

What TV is for me!

Do you have a TV? It is a question you never hear. Everyone, at least everyone in this country have a TV. Everyone watch TV and it has become a sort of furniture as common as having a sofa.

Yet I lived in an apartment in Karlstad for a year without any TV. Therefor could I never watch TV, series or movies. Instead I read books, painted, wrote and etc. This was a life I never had lived before and probably never will live again.

Still I am not to fond of watching TV. This for several reasons. Firstly I believe that TV can destroy our meaningfull relationships. Because if our boyfriends/husbands or wifes and our children as well as ourselfes would watch TV every evening, there would never be time to associate in a deeper meaning. There are to many familys living their life never knowing each other, never talking. I belive that with less TV time there would be more moments to sharish and to store in your memory.

Secondly I am a big fan of parlour games. Since TV time and parlour game time often collide this means that TV time usually wins. Consequently my parlour game evenings rarely arrives.

Finally I believe that TV make you lead a more sedentary life. In the time we all are living in. In this society we all are living in I dont think that this is something to strive for.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I think you've done a very good job with your text! The paragraphs connects well with each other and you use many connecting words that makes the text easy to follow. And besides this a think you have an important message about TV that I agree with, and the arguments for it is made very clear and understandable. So, keep up with your good writing!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hello!

    I think that you write about different important things. And you have different paragraphs when you start writting about new things which is good.

    In som places in the text you have som misspellings like the word "ourselfes" it should be ourselves but things like that is easy to make.

    It is true that a Tv is as common as having a sofa these days, which is a little bit tragic I think.

    Have a nice Valborg!

    Linn

    SvaraRadera